Sign Up for the Art House Newsletter
Fine Art: The Art House gallery has teamed with established artists and art professors to provide classes from introductory to advanced levels in various styles of painting, pottery, mixed media and other fine arts. From beginners to serious students, the experienced and talented Art House faculty will offer programs that will enlighten all to the wonders of art and give you the instruction you need to master a new skill.
Private Instruction: Interested in improving your drawing skills or painting in colored pencil or watercolor? Artist I. Lynn Garriott Porter also offers one-on-one lessons at Art House. Contact us for more information or to set up a class.
Private Group Parties: Looking for a unique holiday, birthday or family reunion party idea? How about a great team-building experience for your office? Art House offers group art classes in which you are guided step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece. We have instructors in different mediums capable of teaching various group sizes. If your group is too large to fit into our classroom area, Art House instructors may be able to come to you. Find a suitable location and contact us to start planning your large group party.
Fun Art: We host a series of art classes that celebrate the pure joy and creativity of making art. These classes range from paints on canvas, acrylic pour, Play with Clay (air dry clay) to Zen doodling and more. Students are invited to bring beverages and snacks, let loose and have fun! Designed to be fun for all ages. Check the calendar, then call ahead to sign up.
January 2019 Rings in New Classes!
01/12/2019 Alpaca Rug Weaving with Ann Mayes, 1pm-4pm, $45, Ages 12-Adult
- Treat your feet! Crochet a beautiful rug from alpaca/wool roving. Take it home to felt in your washer or by hand. Students will receive one pound of alpaca/wool roving, size N crochet hook, net bag for felting, complete written instructions and a bag to carry it all home in.
01/16/2019 Drawing with Jane Mudd, 6pm-8pm, $10, Ages 18-Adult
- These sessions are for intermediate to advanced artists. WWU Art Professor Jane Mudd will be offering her knowledge to assist artists in improving their art. Bring your own paper, charcoal, or other drawing medium, and drawing surface and your favorite beverage.
01/26/2019 Watercolor Explorations with I. Lynn Garriott Porter, 9:30am-3:30pm, $50, Ages 12-Adult
- This month we will be focusing on creating textures in landscapes. Morning session will have us making small 4×6 – 5×7 studies of trees, rocks, clouds, etc.
- Afternoon session will have students creating an 11 x15 painting using a photo they have brought in for reference.
- Class will break for lunch around 11:45 am and resume at 12:45 pm.
- Lynn will supply all art materials and instruction to aid everyone in creating their own unique work of art.
Don’t see a class you want to take, contact Art House to coordinate a private group class or private individual class designed for you!
All students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time and to come prepared to create. We can get messy so don’t wear your Sunday best and/or bring an old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
While we do love additions of students to our classes, if a class is full in advance the instructor may not be able to accept walk-ins, so please call ahead. If not enough students sign up in advance for classes, instructors may cancel the class.
Payment in advance is preferred and sometimes required. This not only secures your spot and gives instructors a head count, but it enables the class to start on time. You may pay in person or call 573-592-7733 to pay with a credit card.