Sign Up for the Art House Newsletter
Fine Art: The Art House gallery has teamed with established artists and art professors to provide classes from introductory to advanced levels in various styles of painting, pottery, mixed media and other fine arts. From beginners to serious students, the experienced and talented Art House faculty will offer programs that will enlighten all to the wonders of art and give you the instruction you need to master a new skill.
Private Instruction: Interested in learning how to sculpt and fire ceramics? Skilled artist Allen Miles offers private one-on-one or small group lessons at Art House. Interested in improving your drawing skills or painting in colored pencil or watercolor? Artist I. Lynn Garriott Porter also offers one-on-one lessons at Art House. Contact us for more information or to set up a class.
Private Group Parties: Looking for a unique holiday, birthday or family reunion party idea? How about a great team-building experience for your office? Art House offers group art classes in which you are guided step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece. We have instructors in different mediums capable of teaching various group sizes. If your group is too large to fit into our classroom area, Art House instructors may be able to come to you. Find a suitable location and contact us to start planning your large group party.
Fun Art: We host a series of art classes that celebrate the pure joy and creativity of making art. These classes range from paints on canvas to Zen doodling and more. Students are invited to bring beverages and snacks, let loose and have fun! Designed to be fun for all ages. Check the calendar, then call ahead to sign up.
Art From The Heart, Painting with Ginny Blankenship
- Saturday, August 5, 10:00am-4:00pm
- The painting class will be fun, relaxing and informative. Experienced as well as amateur artists will learn the power of connection and the wonder of our soul’s knowing, displayed in the physical in front of your, on canvas. Art from the Heart is primarily what it says– making art from the heart energy. This energy connects to your very soul. You will be learning how to connect to this energy which in and of itself is extremely interesting. This kind of knowing has been practiced by indigenous peoples for thousands of years. Now in science and physics, it is being studied and a whole new world of consciousness understanding is finally at our doorsteps. Applying this knowing to art opens a new awareness of our soul’s energy and a better understanding of who we truly are. The magic of it is learning to let go. Let go in the mind, that is, and learning to trust the heart energy more. What comes from you and unto the canvas can be a real awakening, with no judgments of right or wrong.
- Ages 16 and over, $50 materials provided for oil painting only. $40 if you bring your own supplies. All mediums of art are welcome, pastels and watercolor also, but these must be provided by you.
Open Drawing, with Jane Mudd
- Wednesday, August 23, 6:00-8:00pm (Note: class is being moved to the 4th Wednesday this month only, due to a scheduling conflict)
- Intermediate to advanced artists are welcome to participate in this open drawing session held on the third Wednesday evening of each month. Bring your own drawing materials in any medium. Jane will set up a still life, or some sessions may have a live model (with additional nominal fee). Jane will be on hand to offer guidance or critique those who ask. Please call to sign up, limited to 15.
- Ages 18 and over, $10 suggested donation
Eclipse Fun Painting, with Renee Hackmann
- Saturday, August 19, 1:00-4:00pm
- Commemorate the total solar eclipse taking place the same weekend with this fun acrylic painting class.
- Ages 12 and over, $35
All students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time and to come prepared to create. We can get messy so don’t wear your Sunday best and/or bring an old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
While we do love additions of students to our classes, if a class is full in advance the instructor may not be able to accept walk-ins, so please call ahead. If not enough students sign up in advance for classes, instructors may cancel the class.
Payment in advance is preferred. This not only secures your spot and gives instructors a head count, but it enables the class to start on time. You may pay in person or call 573-592-7733 to pay with a credit card.