Sign Up for the Art House Newsletter
Fine Art: The Art House gallery has teamed with established artists and art professors to provide classes from introductory to advanced levels in various styles of painting, pottery, mixed media and other fine arts. From beginners to serious students, the experienced and talented Art House faculty will offer programs that will enlighten all to the wonders of art and give you the instruction you need to master a new skill.
Private Instruction: Interested in improving your drawing skills or painting in colored pencil or watercolor? Artist I. Lynn Garriott Porter also offers one-on-one lessons at Art House. Contact us for more information or to set up a class.
Private Group Parties: Looking for a unique holiday, birthday or family reunion party idea? How about a great team-building experience for your office? Art House offers group art classes in which you are guided step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece. We have instructors in different mediums capable of teaching various group sizes. If your group is too large to fit into our classroom area, Art House instructors may be able to come to you. Find a suitable location and contact us to start planning your large group party.
Fun Art: We host a series of art classes that celebrate the pure joy and creativity of making art. These classes range from paints on canvas, acrylic pour, Play with Clay (air dry clay) to Zen doodling and more. Students are invited to bring beverages and snacks, let loose and have fun! Designed to be fun for all ages. Check the calendar, then call ahead to sign up.
Sign up for a summer class, in which you create your own original design or composition, and your artwork could be eligible to exhibit.
08/06/18 Composition and the Art of the Brush Stroke with Jane Mudd, 10 am-3 pm, ages 18+. This is the follow-up class to Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain with Jane.
**If you pay in advance for both classes you get a discount. Both Classes are $75 total. If you only take the drawing class you pay $35 for it, or if you only take the painting class you pay $55 for that.
- Students will learn the importance of hat makes an exciting and visually appealing composition.
- Jane will present examples and demonstrate the importance of considering negative space while setting up a painting.
- Students will also learn how to describe forms with the brush stroke. This is a lesson about making your brushstrokes count, saying a lot with a little, and how to use the full potential of the brush!
- Participants will explore a variety of subjects.
- Students are responsible for bringing their own supplies: Oil paint is recommended but any water based medium is fine too. A variety of brushes in various sizes, one or two painting surfaces no larger than 16×20 max.(canvas, canvas board, prepped hard board panels, paper, etc).
- Bring a sack lunch.
08/14/18 Exploring Colored Pencil with I. Lynn Garriott Porter, 5:30 pm-8:00 pm, ages 12+, $35
- Lynn will guide students in exploring colored pencil and/or watercolor pencil. All art materials provided.
- Lynn will have on hand still life arrangements that students may choose to draw and then create their own unique original art that can be displayed in Art House’s upcoming Student Art Exhibit this fall.
08/17/18 Seascape Oil Painting with Janis Burgin, 5pm-8pm, ages 12+, $49
- Under the guidance of Janis Burgin each student will create this Seascape in oil on a 16″x20″ canvas.
- All art supplies provided and included in cost.
- Bring your own favorite beverage and/or snack as well as your family, friends, and/or coworkers.
- Call to sign up in advance, so instructor knows how many canvases to prepare.
- Come back and pick fired pieces by 5pm.
- Students will create 6-7 jewelry sized pieces in glass with Janis’s guidance.
08/25/18 Beginning Calligraphy Class & Illumination with India Marie Knowles,10 am-Noon, ages 12+, $40
*Students are not required to have taken the previous class…but if they did…Marie would like them to bring with them their pen and their folder she provided them at the first session.
- Marie will provide instruction on Beginning Calligraphy and Illumination of a Letter.
- Handouts will be provided.
- Please bring: pencil,eraser, and lined paper or graph paper.
- Calligraphy pens and other supplies will be provided
- If you plan to continue with calligraphy following the class, I recommend calligraphy pens made by Shaeffer or Manuscript Pen Company. These utilize ink cartridges, and you may want to purchase a package of these that are the same brand as your pen.
- Lynn will guide students in the fun of watercolor and ink. All art materials provided.
- Stencils will be provided for students to choose from, if they wish, and Lynn will guide them in using zentangle within or around their stenciled or hand drawn images
- Students can incorporate a message or use a monogram letter from what was learned in the calligraphy class that morning.
All students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time and to come prepared to create. We can get messy so don’t wear your Sunday best and/or bring an old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
While we do love additions of students to our classes, if a class is full in advance the instructor may not be able to accept walk-ins, so please call ahead. If not enough students sign up in advance for classes, instructors may cancel the class.
Payment in advance is preferred and sometimes required. This not only secures your spot and gives instructors a head count, but it enables the class to start on time. You may pay in person or call 573-592-7733 to pay with a credit card.