Sign Up for the Art House Newsletter
Fine Art: The Art House gallery has teamed with established artists and art professors to provide classes from introductory to advanced levels in various styles of painting, pottery, mixed media and other fine arts. From beginners to serious students, the experienced and talented Art House faculty will offer programs that will enlighten all to the wonders of art and give you the instruction you need to master a new skill.
Private Instruction: Interested in learning how to sculpt and fire ceramics? Nicole Petrescu offers small and large group private lessons. Interested in improving your drawing skills or painting in colored pencil or watercolor? Artist I. Lynn Garriott Porter also offers one-on-one lessons at Art House. Contact us for more information or to set up a class.
Private Group Parties: Looking for a unique holiday, birthday or family reunion party idea? How about a great team-building experience for your office? Art House offers group art classes in which you are guided step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece. We have instructors in different mediums capable of teaching various group sizes. If your group is too large to fit into our classroom area, Art House instructors may be able to come to you. Find a suitable location and contact us to start planning your large group party.
Fun Art: We host a series of art classes that celebrate the pure joy and creativity of making art. These classes range from paints on canvas to Zen doodling and more. Students are invited to bring beverages and snacks, let loose and have fun! Designed to be fun for all ages. Check the calendar, then call ahead to sign up.
NEW CLASSES FOR 2018
2018 Jan. Feb class schedule printable pdf.
Check back for updates regularly.
Private Ceramic Pottery Classes with Nicole Petrescu January 3 an Jan 10.
If you are interested in private ceramic classes with Nicole Petrescu for your group, contact Art House to coordinate.
Callaway County Special Services Private Classes with I. Lynn Garriott Porter Jan. 08, 2018
If you are interested in scheduling private individual, small or large group lessons in drawing, watercolor, or colored pencil with I. Lynn Garriott Porter, contact Art House to coordinate.
Watercolor Explorations with I. Lynn Garriott Porter
- Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, 9:30 am-3:30 pm (lunch break from 11:45-12:45)
- This month our focus will be on painting a variety of birds from photographs. This is a fun painting class that allows for each student to create several small studies.
- Morning will be spent doing a loose warm up session of small 4″ x 6″ paintings.
- Afternoon each student will work on a larger painting of their own preferred bird from their own photo or from one of Lynn’s.
- Lynn will guide students each month in exploring new and different techniques and effects this medium has to offer in watercolor and/or watercolor pencil.
- Students may bring their own reference photo or choose to come learn and play with this versatile medium.
- Ages: 12 and up, $50 per student includes all materials.
- Can’t stay for the full day? Lynn will allow students to come for half day, either fun and fast morning session creating small paintings or afternoon for one larger painting. Price for half day session is $35.00.
Open Drawing with Jane Mudd
• Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 6:00-8:00pm
• Intermediate to advanced artists are welcome to participate in this open drawing session held on the third Wednesday evening of each month. Bring your own drawing materials in any medium. Jane will set up a still life, or some sessions may have a live model (with additional nominal fee). Jane will be on hand to offer guidance or critique those who ask. Please call to sign up, limited to 15.
• This session will focus on tips and tricks for painting with watercolors.
• Ages 18 and over, $10
Glass Fusing, with Janis Burgin
- Saturday, January 20, 2018, 9:00am-12:00pm (pick up finished pieces by 5:00pm)
- Students will create 6-7 jewelry sized pieces, a night light, or wine bottle stopper under Janis’s instruction.
- $60, ages 14 and up.
Acrylic Pour Painting with Nicole Petrescu
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 5 pm-6:30 pm
- “Acrylic pour” abstract paintings on wood panel Students create unique painting using a combination of acrylic paint, glue, and silicone on a wood panel or canvas.
- Participants will be able to pick-up their painting after it dries.
- A small canvas (10”x10”) only if customers prefer a canvas over a wood panel.
- $35 Ages 12+
01/29/18 Private Watercolor Sessions Callaway County Special Services with I. Lynn Garriott Porter
February 2018 Classes and Events
Mimic the Masters.. more details tba
02/05/18 Private Watercolor Sessions Callaway County Special Services with I. Lynn Garriott Porter
02/10/18 Open Oil Painting with Mike Seat
02/17/18 Watercolor Explorations Pet Portraits with I. Lynn Garriott Porter
02/21/18 Open Drawing with Jane Mudd
02/24/18 Glass Fusing with Janis Burgin
02/25/18 Watercolor Explorations Pet Portraits with I. Lynn Garriott Porter
All students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time and to come prepared to create. We can get messy so don’t wear your Sunday best and/or bring an old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
While we do love additions of students to our classes, if a class is full in advance the instructor may not be able to accept walk-ins, so please call ahead. If not enough students sign up in advance for classes, instructors may cancel the class.
Payment in advance is preferred. This not only secures your spot and gives instructors a head count, but it enables the class to start on time. You may pay in person or call 573-592-7733 to pay with a credit card.