Sign Up for the Art House Newsletter
Fine Art: The Art House gallery has teamed with established artists and art professors to provide classes from introductory to advanced levels in various styles of painting, pottery, mixed media and other fine arts. From beginners to serious students, the experienced and talented Art House faculty will offer programs that will enlighten all to the wonders of art and give you the instruction you need to master a new skill.
Private Instruction: Interested in improving your drawing skills or painting in colored pencil or watercolor? Artist I. Lynn Garriott Porter also offers one-on-one lessons at Art House. Contact us for more information or to set up a class.
Private Group Parties: Looking for a unique holiday, birthday or family reunion party idea? How about a great team-building experience for your office? Art House offers group art classes in which you are guided step-by-step in creating your own masterpiece. We have instructors in different mediums capable of teaching various group sizes. If your group is too large to fit into our classroom area, Art House instructors may be able to come to you. Find a suitable location and contact us to start planning your large group party.
Fun Art: We host a series of art classes that celebrate the pure joy and creativity of making art. These classes range from paints on canvas, acrylic pour, Play with Clay (air dry clay) to Zen doodling and more. Students are invited to bring beverages and snacks, let loose and have fun! Designed to be fun for all ages. Check the calendar, then call ahead to sign up.
Click here for printable document
March Classes and Events
March Exhibit: Mimic the Masters
Mar. 15 – May 18
03/30/2019 Watercolor Explorations New Surfaces & Part 2 of Mimicking a Master with I Lynn Garriott Porter, 9:30 am- 3:30 pm, $50, Ages 12-Adult
- This month we will be exploring New Surfaces and since Mimicking a Master is a popular loved theme, students have requested a repeat to create. Morning session will have us making small studies of the elements in the paintings we want to mimic with the option to create it on a new surface
- Afternoon session will have students creating an 11 x15 painting using a photo of a Masters painting they have brought in for reference.
- Class will break for lunch around 11:45 am and resume at 12:45 pm.
- Lynn will supply all art materials and instruction to aid everyone in creating their own unique work of art.
April Classes and Events
04/10/19 and 04/24/19 Play with Paint
Watercolor Paint That Is! Instructor-Jill McCallie, 6 pm-8:30pm, $40 for per session or $65 if both sessions are paid in advance, Ages 16+ SIGN UP SOON! Only 6 spots available.
- Come play and learn about watercolor during two evening sessions.
- You are not required to take both sessions but the second one will build upon skills learned in the first session.
- All materials provided.
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with professional grade watercolor paints, papers, and brushes.
- Learn how to: Mix different hues with a limited number of tubes of paint; determine if a particular color is staining or not, opaque, transparent or granulating and how those individual qualities can be helpful or detrimental to particular styles of painting.
- Class participants will learn different techniques for controlling, or NOT controlling the paint: glazing, soft edges, and mixing colors on the paper or on the palette.
04/13/2019 Beginning/Intermediate Pastel Workshop 1 with Vic Mastis, 10 am- 3 pm, $65, Ages 18+
- First we go over materials and learn different ways to apply the pastel.
- You will learn about value, composition, color and shapes.
- Then you will paint a pastel painting along with instructor using her supplies and instructions..
04/17/2019 Drawing with Jane Mudd, 6pm-8pm, $10, Ages 18-Adult
- These sessions are for intermediate to advanced artists.
- WWU Art Professor Jane Mudd will be offering her knowledge to assist artists in improving their art.
- Bring your own paper, charcoal, or other drawing medium, and drawing surface and your favorite beverage.
04/27/2019 MORELS & MICROWBREWS
May Classes and Events
Details coming soon on classes and Callaway Plein Air
Don’t see a class you want to take, contact Art House to coordinate a private group class or private individual class designed for you!
All students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time and to come prepared to create. We can get messy so don’t wear your Sunday best and/or bring an old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
While we do love additions of students to our classes, if a class is full in advance the instructor may not be able to accept walk-ins, so please call ahead. If not enough students sign up in advance for classes, instructors may cancel the class.
Payment in advance is preferred and sometimes required. This not only secures your spot and gives instructors a head count, but it enables the class to start on time. You may pay in person or call 573-592-7733 to pay with a credit card.